Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!


So I'm sitting here waiting for Sam
To finish his interview....(yay!!!) and I decided to update the blog! :)

"Merry Christmas Eve Eve!" is what my siblings and I would say to each other as we would get more and more excited for Christmas morning to arrive, I guess you could call it a tradition of sorts. Traditions have been on my mind quite a bit lately, with the nearing of Christmas and all. Last year was kind of out of whack because Sam and I got married and it was my first time meeting his family, so we did all of their stuff and everything was just kind of crazy with all of the family in town and whatnot. This year is our first TRUE Christmas together, and we're having fun figuring out each other's cute little traditions, and things we each like to do at Christmas time.
For example when I was little my family made Santa cookies every Christmas, and we always put coconut on his beard! But Sam and I couldn't find a Santa cookie cutter anywhere 3 days before Christmas, so we just hand cut some Santa shapes. Well, it turns out that didn't work as well as we planned and they got ridiculously huge and ugly as soon as we put them in the oven! Yuck! See picture. That's our cracked-out Santa, haha. But we had tons of fun decorating them together, yay traditions! Sam has agreed he likes this tradition, so we're going to continue it with our family in the years to come. So this next year I'm going to have to buy a Santa faced cookie cutter on eBay or something....

No comments: