Saturday, December 13, 2008

Whoah, it's really been a long time!

Well hello everyone!
I hope you all didnt get discouraged by my lack of posting, haha.
Anyway, we have TONS of stuff to update you all about! So, obviously from the last post we left you on our way to Portland, Oregon...but a lot has changed since then!
The economy in Portland has taken a really rough turn and as of right now it has a 7.5% unemployment rate! It's crazy high, and sequentially Sam and I had a very hard time finding employment. So we took that to mean that Portland obviously isn't the right place right now.
Sam and I were suddenly thrown for a loop and all our plans were out the window, so we had to come up with a plan B relitively quickly. As we were visiting Sam's parents for Thanksgiving (hope you all had a wonderful holiday!) we had both been throwing around the idea of going back to school, and Sam's parents said if we needed a place to stay we were always welcome in their home. Well, we kindly (and quickly!) accepted their offer and packed up all of our things and moved to a suburb right outside Oklahoma City named Yukon. That's where I find myself posting from at the moment, Yukon, Oklahoma. Crazy Huh? Alaska to Oklahoma in about a month.
Sam and I don't have all the kinks worked out yet, but hopefully everything will work out and we'll both be attending Rose State College starting January 20th.
Well I have some pictures to update you all with of course! Drumroll please! haha.

Anyway, on our way from Oregon to Oklahoma we stopped to see some of Sam's friends from college in Idaho Falls, Shem and Carly Carlson. This was the first time I met them and they were tons of fun!! They are both wonderful people and I hope we'll get to see them more often in the future. Carly is a FANTASTIC photographer and while were there she was so kind to take a few family pictures for us, and they turned out wondefully. (Don't be surprised if you see these on our Christmas cards!)
Anyway, enough talk, here they are!





Well, those are a few from the shoot, and they are so freakin good!! If any of you are ever in Idaho Falls, make sure to look her up at www.carlycarlson.com! ;)

Well here are some long due pictures, so I'll just post em!
Here is Charli and her Grandma! (my mom) My mom absolutely LOVED holding her, and would get so concentrated and serious, but with a big smile on her face!

So we've started feeding Charli solids, ...!!! That explains everything for those of you with children! haha. Charli was definitely ready, she took to them and learned so quickly! It was crazy. We started her with runny rice cereal, but she didnt have that for very long. She was ready for the solid stuff! So a week before Thanksgiving we started her on SWEET POTATOES! yay! and since then we've given her Carrots, Oatmeal, and Bananas! But here is a picture of her dring one of her first rice cereal feedings. :)


Well anyway, that's all I have time for right now! But I'll be posting more regularly now that we're almost settled! yay :)

No comments: